All children should visit the dentist regularly. A pediatric dentist is an expert who deals specifically with the dental needs of kids from ages 0 through the teen years. Children have special challenges from having two sets of teeth to smaller mouths to fear of the unknown. A pediatric dentist has the training necessary to handle these needs.
Children’s pediatric dental
If you’re a person who’s looking to know the facts when it comes to finding a great children’s pediatric dental in Miami FL for your little one’s dental treatment and dental care, then you’re in the right place. But what all do you need to know when it comes to pediatric dentistry, pediatric dental services, and kids’ complex medical and comprehensive dental needs? Does it include finding out about Nicklaus Children’s Hospital? Do you know how to schedule an appointment in South Florida for children of all ages? Do you need to know about care centers and patient resources for infants, children, and teens? Are there some facilities that are better at providing children and adolescents with urgent care or pediatric dentists and dental services for children that allow for appointment online?
Before we answer some of these questions and more though, let’s take a look at what the experts of orthodontic medicine have to say on the topic of children’s pediatric dental.
Pediatric dentistry is a specialty that encompasses a variety of skills, disciplines, procedures, and techniques that share a common origin with other dental specialties (Shah S, 2017).
Pediatric dental care has been modified and reformed to meet the specific requirements of infants, children, adolescents, and special health care needs (Shah S, 2017).
Pediatric dentists can help with behavior guidance, supervise orofacial growth and development, provide caries prevention, and work with sedation, pharmacological management, and hospital dentistry (Shah S, 2017).
Why should you choose a pediatric dentist for your kids? Dental care pediatrics
Let’s go over a few of the key topics that you need to think about when it comes to pediatric dentistry.
- For the first facts you may be asking about, think about why should you choose a pediatric dentist for your kids? Simply put, it will help protect their current and long-term health. Obviously getting proper pediatric dental care at an early age is going to help set your child up for a lifetime of success.
- Children who go to pediatric dentists at a young age and become accustomed to receiving orthodontic and dental care early are children who will not be afraid to seek out those types of services in the future. So not only are you helping your child’s health in the current moment but you are also protecting it in the long term.
- You may not always be aware of the issues that your child might be developing. Unless you are a dentist yourself it is nearly impossible to be able to properly identify or diagnose issues that your child may be developing. Perhaps sucking the thumb for too long or grinding their teeth is causing long-term serious issues; they can only be properly diagnosed with regular appointments from your dental office.
Why do children have a need for pediatric dentistry? Pediatric dental Miami
- Children need dentists for the same reasons that adults do. The fact of the matter is that in many cases a child may even need more attention given to their dental health needs since they have less of a history and don’t know what to expect.
- Children can often have unique issues geared around teeth coming in, the development of teeth, teeth falling out, and even jaw and teeth structures. With regular appointments, you can ensure that your little one has teeth that are coming in correctly, and if there is an issue you can be informed of it early.
- Being informed of issues early allows you to be able to plan for the future and catch problems before they become both financially and medically more dire. Issues that are caught early are always far more affordable to fix and far less painful for your little one than issues that are left to fester until they can no longer be ignored.
- Another consideration for why children may need pediatric dental work is simply this, children are likely doing things and abusing their teeth the way that we learn as adults is not good for us. Children can be trying to bite through jawbreakers. They might be eating too much sugar or drinking sodas that eat away at the enamel of their teeth and can cause damage to the roots. They may have issues like thumb sucking or teeth grinding which can cause teeth to not come in correctly or can lead to overbites which can lead to misaligned teeth when the adult teeth finally do come in. This is why it’s essential for your little one to get regular appointments as these regular appointments will help ensure that these preventable issues do not go undiagnosed.
Why are dentists so expensive? Pediatric dental office
- One reason is schooling. You are hiring the services of a professional who spent a lot of time in school. Not only did they get their regular degree from their dental college but then they also spent an additional two years getting certified in pediatric dental work. All told, a dentist will likely work for many years before they pay off their expensive medical debts.
- The other staff need paid as well. You are not simply hiring the services of the doctor but you are also hiring the services of the hygienists, the educational programs that they went through to be able to be certified, the receptionist who scheduled your appointments, the janitor who cleans the facilities, etc. Staffing costs and salaries often make up a large portion of every business’s overhead.
- Speaking of business, do not forget that a part of the fees you pay also go to paying the taxes for the business and the upkeep of the facility. You also are helping cover the purchase of dental equipment to ensure that you have the highest level of safety, cleanliness, and the highest medical standard available. There is also the maintenance, property taxes, electric bills, utilities, and a whole host of other factors from ballpoint pens to X-ray machines which need to be bought and paid for.
- When you actually start to consider the vast amount of services, advanced technology, advanced medical degrees, services, and convenience, it is shocking that they can actually offer dental care and treatment for as low as they do, especially given the fact that many first time appointments usually cost only around $100 for all of the facilities, services, and education that you are able to purchase.
What services do pediatricians offer? Dental pediatrics near me
- When it comes to what services pediatric offices offer, they essentially offer two types. The first of course is preventative and informative care. Doing things like regular checkups, discussing with you and your little one about proper dental hygienic behavior, and all of the sorts of things that help prevent issues before they ever occur.
- The other one is proper medical care after an incident has been discovered. Using preemptive medical care can help reduce any chances of an issue becoming a major issue and let it be identified far sooner. This medical care occurs when it comes to things like removing cavities, placing crowns, extracting teeth, or emergency dental needs.
In short, the more preemptive care you take such as regular brushing, flossing, and good oral health practices, the less likely you are to need the more expensive style of dental care that occurs when there is an oral health need. With so many benefits to regular checkups and cleanings, it is little wonder that people find it is very cost-effective to engage in a little bit of preemptive work than it is to spend tens of thousands of dollars fixing issues that could have easily been prevented.
Shah S. (2017). Paediatric dentistry- novel evolvement. Annals of medicine and surgery (2012), 25, 21–29. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.amsu.2017.12.005